Field notes, Wishlist

Coffee makes the world go round

It appears my blog posts haven’t been as regular as I’d like… but that is good news because it means I’m busy.  Definitely good news for an entrepreneur.  But being a sole business owner also means late nights and long work days.  Coffee is a necessity. Along comes Conde Nast Traveller on my Twitter feed … Read More Coffee makes the world go round

Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share via Email

Hope to make you think

Work for what you want

I consider myself a pretty positive person, but today I am going to complain, just a little bit.  I have heard on other social media sites, as well just from talking to people, that new graduates have exceedingly high job expectations.  Here is my tidbit of experience with that. Since January of this year, I … Read More Work for what you want

The business side of things, Wishlist

Have you got your Toms?

A good number of business owners around the world will tell you the importance of corporate social responsibility.  They believe in giving back.  After all, why be greedy?  Share. TOMS is a shoe company that had this concept in mind before it even began. Blake Mycoskie decided from the onset that every pair of shoes … Read More Have you got your Toms?

Jobs

Come dig in the Caribbean

In January 2011, we embarked on the pilot season of The SVG Public Archaeology Program… and it was a success.  Volunteers came from around the world to excavate at the site of Argyle 2, on the Caribbean island of St. Vincent.  We identified numerous features, excavated postholes and pits, and slowly but surely recovered a … Read More Come dig in the Caribbean