Hope to make you think

Social media musings on #smday

It’s Social Media Day!  To celebrate, I am providing you with my Top 5 finds today from Twitter and various blogs. 1.  My official Calgary Stampede nickname is Margarita “Doctor Release” de Guzman.  Ummm… comments? (Thanks @kuwindayyc) 2. 4000 people are officially “attending” Shag an Archaeologist Day.  That’s it??? (Thanks @diggingthedirt) 3. Social Media Day … Read More Social media musings on #smday

Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share via Email

Field notes, Wishlist

Double wishlist Monday

If you’ve been in the field with me, you’ll have noticed 2 things: (1) I dislike sandwiches, and (2) I have a justifiable fear that my photos will be blurry. Enter Lytro and Kanz for making my day, and hopefully the rest of my career! Lytro is coming out with a camera that allows you … Read More Double wishlist Monday

Hope to make you think, The business side of things

What a difference a year makes

About a year ago, I embarked on a new adventure.  No, not the Indiana Jones kind, not just yet. It was probably just as stressful, and perhaps as much of a roller coaster ride, though there were no life-threatening rolling boulders, just mortgage-threatening lines of credit.  One year later though, and I’m still alive and, … Read More What a difference a year makes

Field notes

The Dark Side at Disneyland

Who doesn’t love Disneyland? Even Darth Vader and his stormtroopers had fun. It’s always good to be a kid at heart. Now if we could only get the dark lord and his gang to join us in St. Vincent… [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4_dZPVg8KI&w=500&h=305] Thanks to Mashable for sharing it on Twitter!