Field notes

Happy Easter

Hope everyone had a fabulous Easter weekend and was able to spend it eating and relaxing, like I did. I probably didn’t need to eat as much as I did this weekend, but family get-togethers often involve really good food that you can’t help but eat, and then eat some more. Good thing spring has … Read More Happy Easter

Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share via Email

Wishlist

Multifunctional folding spade?!

A must see (and must buy?)… The “Chinese Military Shovel WJQ-308” looks like the most useful thing you could carry in your dig kit nowadays.  Awesome for digging holes and trenches, cutting down trees, you name it… AND it folds.  The tool looks amazing, and the video is indescribable.  I’m not sure if it’s because … Read More Multifunctional folding spade?!

Hope to make you think, The business side of things

The spirit of entrepreneurship, aka, my life right now

Another inspiring TED talk, but this time less inspiration, more, “holy crap, that’s me” – thanks Tara Hunt for delivering the goods on the rough life of a start-up entrepreneur. We have dreams, we’re somewhat delusional, and we have the audacity to keep going amidst all the hard times. [youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zykK0oUS8aw&w=500&h=350] (Click here to read … Read More The spirit of entrepreneurship, aka, my life right now

Wishlist

Scooterrific!

I have always wanted a scooter.  Winters in Calgary, Canada, however, are not really great for zipping around in uncovered transport with tiny wheels.  Mint and Vespa have recently teamed up to quantify the benefits of using a scooter (Vespanomics).  Not only will save you tons of money at the pump; if all your friends … Read More Scooterrific!

Hope to make you think, Wishlist

And now for some amazing archaeology

Wessex Archaeology, which makes up half of Framework Archaeology (the other half being Oxford Archaeology), has recently been posting pictures and 3D reconstructions to their Flickr set.  These are some of the findings from the excavations done in advance of Heathrow Airport’s Terminal 5.  There is some amazing stuff here: a Neolithic hand axe, Roman … Read More And now for some amazing archaeology

Wishlist

The Ingalls Handpick

We love tools that are specifically designed and built for archaeology (see earlier post). This handpick is no exception. Designed by archaeologist Larry Ingalls (not to be confused with Laura Ingalls), of Ingalls Archaeological Supply, this pick comes in four different sizes, depending on the amount of dirt you need to move, and is made … Read More The Ingalls Handpick